What is Amazon Prime Instant Video?
Amazon Instant Video is a popular video on demand service provided by Amazon.com to a number of different countries all over the world. Besides the Unites States, now it is available to viewers from the United Kingdom and Austria, as well as Germany and the market of Japan.
You can either buy or rent films and series at reasonable price rates, while there is a selection of content that is offered gratis to the subscribers of Amazon Prime. Just like other popular alternatives – with Netflix being a great competitor, geographical limitations are applied. Unlike other entertainment options, not all people are able to access the content of Amazon Instant Video.
As to the original version, only US residents are offered the whole deal and enjoy all the content from Amazon. If you are interested in unblocking Amazon Instant Video abroad, you should first learn more details as to why this is unblocked in the first place.
Why is it blocked?
The countries where no access to Amazon Instant Video is offered are indisputably more than the ones where you get the access to relish streaming, without any doubt. There are copyright restrictions that have to do with the film industry, as the professionals in this field do not want to have any right deprived of them. Due to the copyright restrictions, there are discrepancies among viewers from all over the world.
There is the paradox that allows the very same person to watch Amazon Instant Video in the United States and forbids him to watch the same service in another country (for instance, in Spain). This phenomenon has raised some eyebrows and as a result there are Governments that have commented on the urgent need to reform and diminish any lack of justice.
How to bypass it?
Now that we have found out about the root to the problem (or else stated the geographical limitations about Amazon Instant Video), it is high time we got ahead with the solutions that would lead to lifting these limitations. Of course, it goes without even questioning that what it takes for you to change is the location of yours – either physically or using any other technical solution, as we are about to highlight right away.
How Can I Unblock Amazon Instant Video abroad?
As we have already stated, the true barrier that stands between Amazon Instant Video and you is your IP address. This is what reveals where you are located at a time and therefore this is required to change radically for offering the desired effects.
Fortunately enough, there are several methods that can offer us the opportunity to change your IP address effectively. Let’s have a look at the most reliable and solid solutions, along with step by step tutorials that enlighten you as to how you can succeed in making them work for you.
Unblocking Amazon Instant Video Using VPN
VPN is short for Virtual Private Network and is a reliable method that encrypts all traffic, redirecting it to other remote servers. For example, you can get a US IP address from a server located somewhere in the States, even if you reside in India or Egypt, the Mediterranean or Russia.
Apart from the opportunity to “relocate” digitally on the spot, the use of a VPN also includes the enhancement of anonymity and privacy.
You can watch Amazon Prime Instant Video anywhere on planet earth with VPN on your PC/Mac, IPhone & IPad, Android Phone or Tablet:
If you need the VPN less than a month, we recommend you to choose a Service like Express VPN which has a 30 days money back guarantee. This way, if you dont need the VPN anymore after a vacation for example – you can just cancel the subscription and get your money back.
|from $8.32||15.000+||78||View website Read the Expressvpn Review »|
|from 4.67 €||200.000+ IPs||48||View website Read the Vypr VPN Review »|
|from $ 4.16||80,000 IPs||141+||View website Read the Purevpn Review »|
Below are the steps that need to be followed, so as to make use of VPN:
- First of all, you ought to subscribe to a VPN service provider that is trustworthy and that can cover your needs. Among the features that you have to check prior to subscribing to a VPN plan, there are the affordability and the technical support, the special add-ons and extra features that improve user experience, the ease of use and the reliability, the quantity and quality of the VPN servers available to the subscribers. It makes total sense why the VPN service provider has to include US servers, preferably lots of them.
- After that, it is time for you to download and install the software required by the VPN. As you will see right after the VPN subscription has been completed, you will be sent over a direct link to the software needed by you to download. Most of the VPNs offer special, customized software for each OS and device. Otherwise, there are manual configuration guides provided to the VPN users. Apparently, the technical support of each VPN is available to the customers for facilitating their setup process.
- Once you are done with the setup, you will be expected to select a VPN server that helps you to satisfy your demands. In this case, you ought to select a US VPN server for getting full access to Amazon Instant Video regardless of your physical location.
- You will check that the VPN connection is turned ON, in order to ensure that your IP address has changed respectively.
- Now it is time for you to login to Amazon Instant Video and reap the fruits of your efforts. If everything has gone according to plan, you will get no restriction and instead you will be able to enjoy the video on demand services of Amazon.com.
Unblocking Amazon Instant Video Using SmartDNS
Another method that is capable of offering reliable results is the use of a SmartDNS service provider. This is a method that provides no anonymity, without combining encryption and thus at a much faster pace for the users to enjoy. The traffic of yours is redirected to a proxy server and in this way you get access to content that would otherwise be kept out of reach for you. Of course, the proxy server needs to be located somewhere within countries that allow such access.
You can unblock & watch Amazon Prime Instant Video with SmartDNS on a SmartTV, Console, Settop-Box or a TV Stick:
|from $ 4.16||16||View website Read the Unlocator Review »|
|from $ 2.90||14||View website Read the Smartdnsproxy Review »|
|from $ 4.16||141+||View website Read the Purevpn Review »|
Here is what you need to do, in order to unblock Amazon Instant Video internationally:
- Just like the above mentioned method of VPN, you have to select a trustworthy SmartDNS service provider. The number one feature that has to draw your attention is the number of the proxy servers in the United States. This is what will help you to get your way and unblock the streaming content of your preference. Other than that, the cost and the reputation of the provider, the customers’ care and the additional conveniences are all taken into account and conclude to the best bargain for you.
- Consequently, it is time for you to setup the SmartDNS on your device. From the website of the provider that you have chosen, you need to click on the respective device and OS that you use and comply with the instructions given. Unless there is automatic setup software that you can use, the instructions will urge you to do the following (for Windows OS):
- Go to Control Panel and head to the Network Connection
- Choose the Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection and then Properties
- Get to Networking and after that Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Properties
- Click on Use the following DNS server addresses and copy / paste the respective DNS addresses that you can get from the official website of the provider (or alternatively the addresses that you have received via email from the provider).
- You are done!
Of course, after having completed the setup instructions, you will be able to use the DNS server of your choosing to unblock the content of Amazon Instant Video – without affecting your IP address for the rest of the websites.
VPN vs SmartDNS
We have outlined the two most reliable methods, in order to unblock Amazon Instant Video abroad. Even though the goal of both of these services is the same, there are several differences that we have to highlight. To be more specific:
- VPN offers encryption, unlike SmartDNS: This means that in terms of security, VPN is significantly better than the SmartDNS. Your IP address is only hidden with VPN.
- SmartDNS is faster than VPN: Since there is no encryption involved, the speed is definitely faster than the speed obtained while using VPN.
- VPN costs a bit higher: Whereas you can get SmartDNS services at low price rates or even gratis, the same does not happen with VPN.
- SmartDNS unblocks selected websites: When you use VPN, you are connected to a specific VPN server and your IP changes accordingly. Instead, with SmartDNS you simply choose the websites you need to unblock.
Having all that in mind, it is true that there is not a single answer that applies to every single Internet user. If what you are looking for is top speed towards getting great streaming quality for Amazon Instant Video, SmartDNS is the most suitable solution. If, however, you are concerned about safety and you seek top notch encryption along with the unblocking process of Amazon video on demand service, VPN is certainly the best option for you.
Whatever you choose, be sure to follow the guidelines thoroughly and enjoy the unblocked content of Amazon Instant Video abroad; take full advantage of the freedom that these methods provide to all Internet users, especially to those who are in constant pursuit of the optimal benefits for them!